Our ad policy:
All ads on SomethingHub.com must adhere to the following guidelines:
Short version: No porn, clickbait, flamebait, trolling, scamming, cajolling, obnoxiousness, campaign ads, piracy, idiocy, fraud, or slog, and use your brain. We are an equal opportunity advertizer and employer, but we respect our viewers far more than our sponsors.
- Ads must not redirect the user, generate popups, or contain long-looping scripts.
- Ads must not contain malicious code or track sensitive user information
- Ads must not solicit private user information or link to websites that send unsolicited (spam) emails
- Ads must not flash or blink in a manner that could cause annoyance, eye fatigue, or epileptic seizures, or contain animations that do.
- Ads must not rely heavily on third party browser plug-ins (e.g. Java, Flash, or Silverlight.)
- Ads must not substantially slow loading of any page during normal operation
- Ads must not contqin sound without option to mute it and it must be muted by default
- Ads must not contain links to malware, illegal material under US law ( including, but not limited to copyright infringed material), or phising, scam, or gambling softwares or content.
- Ads must not contain hate speech, incitation to violence, or content that aims to drive trafic by controversy.
- Ads must be appropriate to the demographic of the somethinghub content. (i.e. a mature content section may display mature ads, but a general content section or a section intended for the young may not.)
- An ad must not defame or sully the reputation of any individual, business, or corperation - even if deserved, this especially applies SomethingHub or its employees.
- No ads soliciting support for candidates seeking public position.
The interpretation of these guidelines is determined by SomethingHub employees. If you still wish to advertize with us, please click here. If you would like to report an ad that you feel is in violation of the above guidelines or otherwise offensive, please click here.
We also utilize Google AdSense. Please report problems with those ads to Google.
With a few exceptions, we show only one ad per page and it is randomly selected from an equal pool of current ads. The ads are displayed in a way to be non-obtrusive and easily blocked by ad-filters. Consequently, we charge very little for advertizing. First-party ads for our own content are not considered ads for the purposes of these terms and are selected from a seperate content pool, but are expected to follow the same guidelines as any third-party advertizement. There is a page where users may elect to view several ads on one page, but this is an entirely optional feature. This page uses different weights for its random selection and can be found Here.
Here is a breakdown of ad-costs:
||Price per month
|Full text ad (no multimedia)
|Static image remotely hosted
|Static image locally hosted
|Simple animation remotely-hosted
|Simple animation locally-hosted